03082009 - Taskbar v4.12 released
Again there's been a lot of changes behind the scenes. A few bugs has
been fixed and some features has been added. This time Taskbar is also
available in German :-)
06042008 - Another beta release
I'm in the process of refactoring the last remnants of the "old" Taskbar
sourcecode. I'm not finished, but it has now reached a stage where I think it's
usable again. It has a couple of new features, so please download this beta and
let me know what you think. The work I've done this winter allows me to add new
features quite easily, so suggestions for new (useful!) features are welcome.
Taskbar 4.10 beta
28082007 - A new beta release!
A lot of updates, changes and bugfixes. Taskbar now supports XaAES
properly. There are still a lot of things I want to do, but since I'm
starting a new job and moving to a new house (and town) these days, I
don't have any time to work on Taskbar for a few weeks. Please read the
documentation for more details.
Download Taskbar 4 beta
28102003 - Taskbar is actually being developed...
...but very, very slowly. Bugs are being ironed out, if you have any problems
just contact me, and I can probably provide
you with an updated version.
15102000 - Taskbar 3.00 alpha released
Due to lack of time and inspiration I've decided to release this alpha-version
of Taskbar 3. It has a few bugs, mostly under MagiC, but instead of delaying
the release to Christmas or next year I decided to release it as is.
- Configuration: Clicking on the close-widget opens the hotkey dialog.
- Configuration: Hotkey dialog is still a bit flakey, but it works.
- MagiC: VA-start fails most of the time, it sends bogus pointer to the AV-server.
This renders Taskbar 3 virtually unusable under MagiC. This is the only bug
that will be fixed shortly, as I mainly use MagiC on my TT.
- MagiC: Hiding applications when Taskbar is on top doesn't work, Taskbar
itself gets hidden instead.
- MagiC: Icon-assignments often gets f**ked up.
- Geneva: Not tested for a long time (I don't have a working Geneva-setup
anymore) so it might not work at all. However, it used to work very well so
I don't think there should be any problems.
New since 2.70b:
- Shutdown now works under MagiC as long as $SDMASTER is properly set.
- Improved BubbleGEM support. It's not nearly as annoying as before...
- Shows the amount of memory used by each application under MiNT and MagiC.
Due to shortcomings in MagiC this might not work properly (in theory atleast),
but I haven't had any problems yet.
- "Terminate" works under MagiC.
- JayGroups II (by JaySoft) is now used to edit/modify the start-menu. JayGroups
II v0.5 is included. This means that Thing is no longer necessary, it should
also work with Jinnee 2.x and perhaps also MagXdesk with AV-server.
- Much better configuration, better handling of hotkeys (Clocky).
- Support for Clocky 3.x.
- Press ALT while selecting an item from the start-menu, and the desktop will
open the directory the item resides in.
- Cycle through applications/accessories with ALT+CONTROL+TAB (add SHIFT to
cycle backwards). Needs Clocky.
- Fixed a lot of redraw-problems, and introduced one new. It should now (finally!)
work perfectly in monochrome, icons included.
- Countless minor and major bugs killed, and quite a few new ones added.
Last update 28082007